Apply For Housing Here
Choose Your Language
PRE-APPLICATIONS FOR ALLEGHENY COUNTY HOUSING AUTHORITY (ACHA)
PUBLIC HOUSING ASSISTANCE PROGRAM AND HOUSING CHOICE VOUCHER ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS
IMPORTANT NOTICE: Written requests for persons with disabilities or persons needing assistance must be put in writing to the ACHA Office.
Before you begin the application process, please have available your
social security card, names and
dates of birth of all family members. Also you will
need income of all family members. Make sure you have typed
correctly all information.
Have paper and pen ready to write down your confirmation number.
Submit only ONE application to the Allegheny County Housing Authority (ACHA). Duplicate
forms will not be accepted.
Applications can be received online anytime during the wait list period. Applicants will receive a confirmation number to acknowledge successful transmission of the application. By submitting this pre-application information you are not guaranteed placement on any waiting list.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
ACHA will be launching its new Applicant Portal on August 10, 2023. With an Applicant Portal account, applicants will be able to check their waiting list status, update their application information so the Housing Authority always has good correspondence addresses, and correspond with leasing agents. Upon completion of the Online Application process, applicants will be able to register for the Applicant Portal. However, the process of updating our online applications so they are integrated with our waiting list system occurs once daily, consequently new applicants will not be able to register for the portal until a day after they have applied to be sure their records have been processed by the system. Returning applicants who wish to apply for a new list will be required to register for Applicant Portal. Active applicants on Allegheny County Housing Authority waiting lists will be receiving an email with an invitation to register for Applicant Portal. If you are an ACHA applicant and did not enter an email address during the application process, a link will be provided here on this page that will allow you to go directly to the Applicant Portal registration page. This will be occurring during the day on August 10, 2023.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by ACHA.
- Head of household must be at least 18 years of age at the time of this pre-application or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Pennsylvania law.
- Family must have annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (USHUD).
- Applicant and all adult members of the family must pass a criminal background check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide documentation of social security numbers for all family members or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet USHUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to ACHA or any other housing authority will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full.
The Allegheny County Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in housing programs or activities.
ATTENTION: If you are using Internet Explorer 11 , you must have the Compatibility Settings for this site turned OFF. The ACHA recommends using the Mozilla Firefox browser to enter applications through this website. Also, older Android phones do not work with this website.
Enter your Agent Code here...